Sunday 18 October 2015

Eragon

Reading for the second time.
I learnt about it when my friend gave me the first book of the series as a gift. And I found it enthralling. Moreover, I'm amazed how young the author was and how detailed the story is. Some may find mistakes, or think that the Varden have a poor strategy or whatever, but in my opinion, it's insignificant. They also say Paolini borrowed some elements from other books. Well, in some sense, nothing that is written now is completely new. And I should say even if he borrowed something, he developed it a lot.
It's a shame that movie was so different and didn't become popular enough, so it's not likely that we'll see a sequel...
Looks like many people find certain characters annoying. They might be at times, but not that I hate them.
I saw Eragon being called Marty Stu somewhere, well, I wouldn't say he is. Yes, he did get everything kind of easy and didn't face many serious challenges. In my view, Nasuada, Murtagh, even Roran suffered more during the war. But Eragon's not at all perfect. I sort of like him, still my favourite character is probably Murtagh. Although, I don't think I have any favourites here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment