Monday 4 January 2016

Temples and Pyramids

Cinema 2 is... tombs. Lara should be feeling at home here :D

Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom
Checking walls for secret rooms was a good idea, even though I didn't have faith in it at first. It didn't do much good, though...
Another secret passage! How come I hadn't noticed before? Right, flares and binoculars are more effective than holding ctrl near every wall... I shouldn't see the walkthrough anymore (unless I've been stuck for indeed a very long time, which I think won't happen), making discoveries all by yourself is much more exciting!
A 'double-action' switch? I never would have thought... ok, in this case seeing the walkthrough was justified. I'll keep that in mind in the future. I found a torch, and I remembered there was a lit torch on the wall in the chamber that's now blocked by a boulder and I was starting to panic, but now I think it's done so intentionally, so that you could not light it before time. I hope so.
Finally, I have my torch back. I was about to begin worrying I had done something wrong, and I had no wish to start over again, especially considering that I've been through the hardest part (fire spirits, few at a time). Now I can sigh with relief ^_^
Looks like what I lost in that room blocked by a boulder was a secret. That's a shame, but I wouldn't find it myself anyway. At least it doesn't prevent me from going forward.
Quite a beautiful place! The funny thing is, I remembered none of this xD
I'm so grateful they made a ladder to the area where I came from! When after opening a door (which was opened by 4 switches one of which gave me a hard time to get to), I went in and found out I need the torch which I had left up there, my heart sank... but then I remembered about this ladder :D
I was told in the very beginning to take the torch with me, but the problem is, I might not be able to take it up again, so I didn't do it unless needed.

Blood from the Mummy's Tomb (with no blood and no mummy)
Here I have something important to say to those who are interested in playing this game (and this level in particular), but a little later.
The helicopter could go a bit lower, you know... it isn't really sensible to fall like that x)
I found the way to the tomb, but I have a feeling I'm missing out on something. I remember a vehicle, and moving those platforms should have some goal. I'll see the walkthrough just to make sure I'm going the right way. Having to replay things is frustrating, so I try to avoid it.
I see, I hadn't noticed the jeep keys... suppose you can go either way, but I'd rather follow the walkthrough.
Nice music :D A minute ago I thought there was absolutely no sound, and here it is.
Omg, so many ways to go. What I'm sure of, though, is that I should drive down there.
I think I've just discovered the easiest way to get through the timed gates and get a secret xD
That was cool! Climbing the ladder, suddenly realizing you're on the top of a pyramid, sliding down the slope, jumping over the spikes... I didn't expect my reaction would be good enough to jump over them, usually Lara dies at least once before I manage to avoid the trap xD
I did this part twice... and I don't remember how I opened those doors >_<
Oh... I just had to break a glass.
Now, the important thing. Once you solve the puzzle with mirrors and grab the statuette, you're told to hurry, and they mean it! So save before it, in case you don't make it, because if you don't, you'll get stuck on this level. When I played it for the first time, I was silly enough not to follow this simple instruction, and I blessed my habit of copying save files after each time I played (which I previously considered useless) for giving me a chance to play from the middle of the level instead of having to play Cinema 2 all over again (as I had saved at Movie Theatre).

Phew! I did it. Now, getting the second Movie Star, I remember it was no pleasant ride either.
Indeed it isn't. Looks like to get the secret, I have to be even quicker. No, thanks, flares aren't worth that. To hell with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment