Monday 11 January 2016

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories

*drumroll*
Finally, my long-awaited continuing with the series is happening!
PS2 games have troubles with my memory card for some reason, they say it's not there in the beginning, but, fortunately, most still save. I was worrying if Chain of Memories would, and it does. Hooray! :D
Getting used to the card system.
The first boss successfully defeated. I get the hang of it.
I love Axel's manner of speaking :) At this point when you meet new characters, you don't quite understand whether they're enemies or friends. Intriguing.

Until we meet again, Axel
(my new fav character *_*)
Following the route I took in KH, I chose to go to Wonderland first. And... Ah! Those flowers nearly finished me off xD It's getting tough.
Fighting cards with cards... now that's weird.
It's a shame I won't have a chance to play this until Monday -_- (it'll be a week since I started playing)
It's Monday :D
It was quite difficult at first, so much new information to remember, but I've got used to the battle system, so much actually that I beat the Trickmaster with only two cards I had left (I didn't expect he'd have so much health and had used a lot of combos).
Good thing I can skip cutscenes when I go for another try. And I like the boss music, well, until I get used to it.
I thought battles in KH required doing several things at the same time, but now you don't only have to attack, heal and move around, but also think about the cards you have.
Monstro was before Halloween Town, but the fact I'll have to fight Parasite Cage again makes me shiver x)
Parasite Cage really is... horrible! T_T Almost worse than Sephiroth (ok, I'm exaggerating, after all, it took much longer... but Sephiroth is at least nice to look at :P). I have two more rooms I can open, so maybe getting a new level and increasing HP will help.
Yes! So it's possible xD I wonder if the difficulty doesn't depend on the world you choose, because otherwise if I chose Monstro first, I'd have no chances against Parasite Cage.
The third room is usually a boss... I don't know what it might be, but I hope it won't be worse.
Ah, just a bunch of Heartless... that was fun!
Heartless in Halloween Town are not quite easy to defeat, but after the Parasite Cage it's like a vacation x)
I love how Cloud touches his hair after bashing enemies when I use his summon card :D At least it seems to me like he does.
I also love the music that plays when you fight someone from the Organization. On the second try I swiftly beat the hell out of Larxene, and now I'm heading for... Atlantica, I suppose. I wonder if Hollow Bastion is one of these five worlds, I'll have a look next time I play.
Oh, four, not five, and yes, Hollow Bastion is one of them.
What's gotten into Riku again?
"I'll jog your memory" - no, Sora, please, just let him go xD Do I have to fight Riku every time I exit a new world now? Feeling less confident this time T_T Perhaps I need more "Cure" cards.
I did it, omg, I did it! :D I've heard you can play as Riku when you finish the game, then I'll probably have to fight Sora... I wonder who's more annoying as enemy ^_^
Reached the moment when they forgot Kairi. This had to happen...
It was not until now that I found out how to use Enemy Cards xD
So many sleights I've learnt! I can't even remember them all...
I saw a video called "things a KH fan would never say" or something, and one of them is: "Donald always heals me at the right time". So... not true xD Come on, a simple algorithm, if HP is less than 50%, heal, if more, don't. Why didn't they think of it?
Wasn't Axel supposed to take care of Vexen? Sure, not before Vexen tries to defeat Sora for the second time... and I thought I was done with him.
There he is. Oh why, Axel? Why... not 5 minutes before! >_< (sure I don't feel sorry for Vexen; he was going to say something important, though) It took me about 7 tries before I came up with the strategy, right set of cards and finally stopped making mistakes. However, if it wasn't for Pluto's card that suddenly appeared, miraculously didn't get broken and provided me with a few more cards that helped me finish Vexen off, I'd probably fail again.
Now it's getting really tough. It's high time I returned to the worlds I've been to, opened all Rooms of Rewards and leveled up as much as possible. Especially now that I've apparently got only one world left ahead. But it's not over yet, for I fear what awaits me at the exit from Twilight Town. I yet need to earn the last world card. I don't think they'll just give it to me. Please, let it be Riku who's on my side again, saying "let's go save Naminé together!" xD
Guess what? It was Riku o_o But he wasn't friendly at all, even though at times he seemed to get out of control of whatever was controlling him. Fighting him this time wasn't very difficult, that's something, at least. And the last world is... Destiny Islands, of course! I saw this card in one of the cutscenes. Sora's going to meet Naminé soon and find out everything. I'm so excited!
My collector rank: Rare Card Hunter. Exactly... but I'm afraid I won't have the patience to collect them all.
So that really was a fake? In this case, I guess when I play as Riku, I won't get to fight Sora. Or will I play as fake Riku? I'm confused :/
"That jerk Axel, he used Naminé to betray us [that is, let her go and meet Sora]" - I like him even more now xD
Luckily, I had the sense to save before talking to Riku. The battle with Larxene looks fairly easy, but I didn't have time in the morning so I let her finish me off. Next time I'll replace all thunder cards with something more useful for an easier victory.
This second battle with Axel was tough... but I made it :D It was very annoying when he stopped my attacks before I could finish them. Still I think Vexen was more troublesome and took far more tries.

No comments:

Post a Comment